Is there a way to return "true"/"false" string for boolean type?

From: ChoonSoo Park <luispark(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Is there a way to return "true"/"false" string for boolean type?
Date: 2014-01-07 18:11:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Gurus,

I have several tables with lots of boolean columns.
When I run select query for the tables, I always get 't' or 'f' for boolean
types.

Is there a way to return 'true' or 'false' string for boolean type except
using CASE WHEN ... clause?
I mean global postgres configuration setting to return 'true'/'false'
instead of t/f.

Thank you,
Choon Park