some queries on standby preventing replication updates

From: Joe Van Dyk <joe(at)tanga(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: some queries on standby preventing replication updates
Date: 2014-10-23 20:40:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a master and a slave database.

I've got hot_standby_feedback turned on, max_standby_streaming_delay=-1.
I've configured the master and slave to keep a few days of WALs around.

I've noticed that when some large queries are run on the standby machine
(ones that take more than a minute or so), replication updates are paused.
Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Joe