cron tasks in pg 9.3

From: Joe Van Dyk <joe(at)tanga(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cron tasks in pg 9.3
Date: 2013-07-18 21:23:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Will the custom worker support in 9.3 let me put cron-like tasks into
postgresql?

I have a lot of database functions that should run every few seconds, every
minute, every hour, once a week, etc. Right now, I always have to have
exactly one machine setup with cron tasks that tells postgresql to run
whatever functions are necessary.

It would be super to let postgresql handle all of that.

Joe