Re: debugging server connection issue

From: Stephen Constable <sjconsta(at)scisat(dot)ca>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: debugging server connection issue
Date: 2016-03-29 20:28:30
Lists: pgsql-general

My apologies, I'm not sure what part of the networking stack the messages
are coming from. It also states:
"""
could not connect to server: Cannot assign requested address
Is the server running on host "<hostname>" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port <port>?
"""
This error is only printed under a 32-job load, never a single job load.

The processes are indeed connecting over a local network.

I have only enabled the logging of connections and disconnections since I
figured that would be the most telling :) perhaps that was not the best
idea. but, FYI, I see over 5000 such notices in a single minute. I will
reconfigure the logging to be more verbose.

Thanks,
Steve