Restoring From Backups

From: Harold Falkmeyer <hfalkmeyer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restoring From Backups
Date: 2017-06-07 19:09:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

Three'ish more questions:

When restoring a table from backup (using pg_dump and pg_restore), are
there reasons, other than restoration performance, to defer index
restoration until after the COPY is complete?

After completing a COPY into a fresh table, is there any benefit to running
a subsequent VACUUM (given that there shouldn't be any dead tuples)?

As we understand it, an ANALYZE is necessary, regardless if we restore to a
table with preexisting indexes or one that's had indexes added after the
fact. Is this correct? Put slightly a different way, do CREATE INDEX
and/or REINDEX operations cause stats updates?

Thank you in advance,

Harold Falkmeyer