Error when setting default_text_search_config

From: Murat Efendioğlu <mrtdmrts001(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error when setting default_text_search_config
Date: 2024-10-05 17:46:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

*Hello everyone,*

I've encountered some strange behavior in the new PostgreSQL 17 version.
Previously, in versions before 17, I was able to set the
default_text_search_config like this:

sql
Copy code
ALTER DATABASE "MyDatabase" SET default_text_search_config TO 'german';

Everything worked fine. However, after upgrading to PostgreSQL 17, when I
ran the same ALTER statement on the new database, my database entered
recovery mode.

The solution was to update the statement as follows:

sql
Copy code
ALTER DATABASE "MyDatabase" SET default_text_search_config TO
'pg_catalog.german';

It turns out I had to prefix the language with pg_catalog to resolve the
issue.

Environment: Windows Server 2022 Standard 21H2 with PostgreSQL 17 installer

Best regards m.d.