Upgrade PostgreSQL 9.6 to 10.6

From: github kran <githubkran(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade PostgreSQL 9.6 to 10.6
Date: 2019-12-09 15:43:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello PostgreSQL Team,
I would like to know what would be the best way to do Database migration
from PostgreSQL 9.6 engine to 10.6 by creating a new cluster in 10.6 and
then copy data.

Size of the cluster is 3.8 TB.

1) It would be a new cluster we want to create on 10.6 and then copy data
form 9.6 and shutdown 9.6
2) Cluster today contains 1 master instance and another instance for reader
3) Can this be done without a downtime ? what are the options I have to do
this without making this complicated . We have about 30 -40 tables to do
the migration.

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks,
Kranthi