Re: PostGreSQL Replication and question on maintenance

From: github kran <githubkran(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostGreSQL Replication and question on maintenance
Date: 2019-11-27 01:22:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Thanks Jeff for your reply. We are not using replication concept here but
doing the data copy using few custom sql scripts. We had our PostgreSQL
engine supported by AWS and the instance was restarted automatically based
on the AWS design of PostgreSQL engine. Replica is restarted automatically
when the data sync is behind the master.

My intension is to bring to this forum and see if this is expected based on
the use case what I mentioned. I love this community and advices the
community has for various problems. i still need to find out how can I do
this using replication. Please provide me few resources if there is a
better solution for this problem.

Thanks
githubkran