Profiling PostgreSQL

From: Dimitris Karampinas <dkarampin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Profiling PostgreSQL
Date: 2014-05-22 13:27:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

Is there any way to get the call stack of a function when profiling
PostgreSQL with perf ?
I configured with --enable-debug, I run a benchmark against the system and
I'm able to identify a bottleneck.
40% of the time is spent on an spinlock yet I cannot find out the codepath
that gets me there.
Using --call-graph with perf record didn't seem to help.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,
Dimitris