Proposal to include --exclude-extension Flag in pg_dump

From: Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Proposal to include --exclude-extension Flag in pg_dump
Date: 2023-12-25 10:18:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi PostgreSQL Community,
Recently I have been working on pg_dump regarding my project and wanted to
exclude an extension from the dump generated. I wonder why it doesn't have
--exclude-extension type of support whereas --extension exists!
Since I needed that support, I took the initiative to contribute to the
community by adding the --exclude-extension flag.
Attached is the patch for the same. Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards
Ayush Vatsa
Amazon Web services (AWS)

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Add-support-for-exclude-extension-in-pg_dump.patch application/octet-stream 5.8 KB