Help Needed with Including External SQL Script in Extension Script

From: Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help Needed with Including External SQL Script in Extension Script
Date: 2024-07-27 06:24:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi PostgreSQL community,

I wanted to modify the SQL script of an extension by creating multiple
objects within it.
My aim is to make minimal changes to the existing script. To achieve this,
I have created an
external script and am attempting to run it within the extension script
using the \i command.

However, when I try to create the extension, I encounter the following
error:
ERROR: syntax error at or near "\"

Could anyone advise on how I might resolve this issue? Alternatively, is
there another way to create SQL objects outside of the main extension
script, such that these objects are created when the extension script is
executed?

Regards
Ayush Vatsa