Re: Assistance Needed: Error during PostgreSQL Configuration

From: Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Assistance Needed: Error during PostgreSQL Configuration
Date: 2023-12-11 17:17:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Sorry, I should have included the required information initially itself. I
am new to the database field so please pardon my mistakes :)
What I have done till now is clone the source code files from Gihub in my
Mac laptop and then try to follow this documentation
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-make.html>, then I got an
error posted in the mail in the very first step itself i.e. ./configure
command.

The PostgreSQL version is the latest (i.e. 16) as I have cloned the source
code from GitHub.
I have tried using both shells including zsh and bash here but same response
For sed, I am using GNU sed and also included this GNU sed in the PATH
variable

ayuvatsa(at)bcd0745f2da7 ~ % sed --version

sed (GNU sed) 4.9

The configure script runs fine till the step given below:

configure: using CPPFLAGS=-isysroot $(PG_SYSROOT)

configure: using LDFLAGS=-isysroot $(PG_SYSROOT) -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs

configure: creating ./config.status

Thanks
Ayush Vatsa