Issue with Restore dump with plpythonu, plpython3u installed on postgres16

From: Sam Son <sam89(dot)g(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Issue with Restore dump with plpythonu, plpython3u installed on postgres16
Date: 2024-09-02 11:37:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Team,

I am working on a project where we have applications run on old versions of
postgres, we are using *plpythonu* in all Functions extension,

Now we have upgraded postgres to latest which does not support plpythonu
anymore, So we are facing an issue while restoring dump which has
plpythonu, but latest postgres support only plpython3u.

*"pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: language "plpythonu"
does not exist"*

How to change plpythonu to plpython3u in the dump file before pg_restore.
or Does postgres have any option to handle directly via config.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,
Samson G