Re: [NOVICE] Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1

From: Zach Seaman <znseaman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ken Benson <ken(at)infowerks(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1
Date: 2013-02-07 17:05:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Keeping the names, in tact, would be helpful. Whatever I change it to, I
receive the same error because of the first entry.

I've encoded the csv using Notepad++ to UTF8 and still no luck.

I think "á" followed by the next 2 characters causes the problem. Is there
a better encoding for special characters? Is this possible in WIN-1252?