Re: Is there a "Just Kidding" command?

From: Robert Burgholzer <rburghol(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there a "Just Kidding" command?
Date: 2013-09-13 11:03:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks for the responses folks - I went with the approach that David
mentioned, just chilled out and let the running tasks finish and then
restarted the node. Ultimately, in terms of cost-benefit, I spent 10
minutes watching this process lay out, and only got one email about a
non-responsive app, so, very small indeed.

/r/b

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 4:12 AM, Martin French
<Martin(dot)French(at)romaxtech(dot)com>wrote:

> Not that I am aware of.
>
> I must admit, I've needed the "OMG Wrong Command" command myself a few
> times over the years.
>

> From: "Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ)" <
> Robert(dot)Burgholzer(at)deq(dot)virginia(dot)gov>
> To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,
> Date: 12/09/2013 19:27
> Subject: [ADMIN] Is there a "Just Kidding" command?
> Sent by: pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> ------------------------------
>

> So, I just sent a pg_ctl stop command to the wrong db node, and I’m
> wondering if there is a way to take that back? I ask since I have a long
> running process connecting to it, and I don’t want to wait around for it to
> finish up so that the db can stop, then I can start it up again. Also,
> other requests are now being denied...
>
> Here’s hoping. Maybe the “doh!!” command?
>
> /r/b
>
> Robert Burgholzer
> Surface Water Modeler
> Virginia DEQ Office of Surface and Ground Water Supply
> 804-869-3066

> Romax Technology Limited
> A limited company registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office:
> Rutherford House
> Nottingham Science and Technology Park
> Nottingham
> NG7 2PZ
> England
> Registration Number: 2345696
> VAT Number: 526 246 746
>
> Telephone numbers:
> +44 (0)115 951 88 00 (main)
>
> For other office locations see:
> http://www.romaxtech.com/Contact
> =================================
> ===============
> E-mail: info(at)romaxtech(dot)com
> Website: www.romaxtech.com
> =================================
>
> ================
> Confidentiality Statement
> This transmission is for the addressee only and contains information that
> is confidential and privileged.
> Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it on behalf
> of the addressee
> you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
> If you have received this transmission in error please delete from your
> system and contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.

Robert W. Burgholzer
'Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated
simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.' - Charles Mingus
Athletics: http://athleticalgorithm.wordpress.com/
Science: http://robertwb.wordpress.com/
Wine: http://reesvineyard.wordpress.com/