Re: POSTGRES ISSUES

From: Andreas Steinel <a(dot)steinel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Myke Ndungu <mykendoch(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: POSTGRES ISSUES
Date: 2019-09-22 11:21:27
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-admin

Hi Myke,

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM Myke Ndungu <mykendoch(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello there im in windows trying to install both postreSQL 11 a and
> Pgadmin 4 but without good progress.
> im keeping on receiving an error "database cluster not initialized" have
> used all the solutions eg
> adding postgres in computer management and giving it full rights on the
> security properties section in postgreSQL file folder though during
> reinstallation its telling me to chose another directory to upgrade the
> current application.
> i also tried to install afresh postgres using the command prompt still not
> yet
> ALSO INCLUDED THE POSTGRES PATH IN THE ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE still not
> working
> Advise from there please

Yes, Windows and PostgreSQL are not the best friends and that's OK.
Why don't you just go down the Docker route and stop trying to use Windows
for PostgreSQL.
There is no easier method to get started with both than Docker.

--
With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Steinel
M.Sc. Visual Computing
M.Sc. Informatik