Re: Array of integer indexed nested-loop semi join

From: Mickael van der Beek <mickael(dot)van(dot)der(dot)beek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Array of integer indexed nested-loop semi join
Date: 2022-04-27 14:54:35
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello Jeff,

I have waited a few hours without the query ever finishing which is the
reason I said "never finishes".
Especially because the INNER JOIN version finishes within a few minutes
while being combinatorial and less efficient.
The query probably only does sequential scans.

You will find the query plan using EXPLAIN here:
- Visual query plan: https://explain.dalibo.com/plan#plan
- Raw query plan: https://explain.dalibo.com/plan#raw

Thanks for your help,

Mickael

--
Mickael van der BeekWeb developer & Security analyst

mickael(dot)van(dot)der(dot)beek(at)gmail(dot)com