Re: FW: Error!

From: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Error!
Date: 2023-04-12 21:45:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 10:14 AM Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Are you sure that you're entering the correct password?
>
> On 4/10/23 19:55, Arquimedes Aguirre wrote:

> Windows

My recommendation is to connect with full details:
psql -h localhost -U postgres postgres

Note the username is postgres and the DBname is postgres (the last
parameter).
I would even go so far as:
psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U postgres postgres

Because IPV6 might not be bound as expected.

This simply gets rid of the GUESSING of what PSQL might be trying to do.
Like connecting to a different database, or logging in as a user that does
not exist.
HTH