Re: nextval parameter is not clear

From: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, ailjushkin(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: nextval parameter is not clear
Date: 2022-11-27 04:22:04
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 10:06 PM Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 9:58 AM David G. Johnston <
> david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 12:40 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 2022-11-24 at 15:50 -0500, Kirk Wolak wrote:
>>>
>> ..

> Regardless of the above choice for the example, it seems appropriate for
>> this page, somewhere, to mention this function and link to its page.
>>
>> I'd even argue for moving that function definition here.
>>
>> David J.
>>

> Okay, I've really reworked the example, and it all tests out.
> I took the advice of Laurenz about the separate section outside the table.
> I did not move the function, it seemed alphabetical where it was (easy
> enough to move), but I did use that function twice!
>
> Break out the RED ink and let me know what you think!
>
> Kirk

Okay, forgive me again. I've figured out how to rebase against the latest
master. There are no changes from the previous post.
But the diff file contains updated references (I have no idea if this
helps, but I was unable to "view" someone elses file with diffs without
that).

Laurenz,
Your feedback would be appreciated. If we keep the "play" schema, I
think a comment at the end of the section reminding them to DROP that
schema would be nice.

Kirk

Attachment Content-Type Size
func-examples-7.patch text/plain 6.2 KB