Re: Split the result of a query in 2 rows

From: Marcos Almeida Azevedo <marcos(dot)al(dot)azevedo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Split the result of a query in 2 rows
Date: 2015-03-05 01:34:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 2:28 AM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I have a very simple query to a single table as follows:
>
> SELECT field1, field2 FROM tbl_table ORDER BY field1
>
> Is it possible to "split" the results so field1 is displayed in one row
> and field2 in another row?

Considering the order by, maybe this will work:

select x as field 1 from
(SELECT field1 as x, field1 as y FROM tbl_table
UNION ALL
SELECT field2 as x, field2 as y FROM tbl_table) as temp
order by y

--
Marcos | I love PHP, Linux, and Java
<http://javadevnotes.com/java-long-to-string-examples>