How to access large objects in Postgresql c-language functions?

From: Spiros Ioannou <sivann(at)inaccess(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to access large objects in Postgresql c-language functions?
Date: 2015-01-26 19:19:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm writing a c-language user defined function for postgresql 9.3.5. I
didn't use pl/pgsql or pl/python because part of it needs to be written in
C for speed.

The function gets an existing OID as an argument. How can I access & modify
the OID data from within the c-language function? I can't find any docs for
that!

Thanks,

-Spiros