comment invalid link reference in Macros IF_NEED_REFILL_AND_NOT_EOF_CONTINUE copyfromparse.c

From: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: comment invalid link reference in Macros IF_NEED_REFILL_AND_NOT_EOF_CONTINUE copyfromparse.c
Date: 2024-10-21 00:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi.
click through
src/backend/commands/copyfromparse.c
comments link.

/*
* These macros centralize code used to process line_buf and input_buf buffers.
* They are macros because they often do continue/break control and to avoid
* function call overhead in tight COPY loops.
*
* We must use "if (1)" because the usual "do {...} while(0)" wrapper would
* prevent the continue/break processing from working. We end the "if (1)"
* with "else ((void) 0)" to ensure the "if" does not unintentionally match
* any "else" in the calling code, and to avoid any compiler warnings about
* empty statements. See http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/info/C/C.macros.
*/
found the link is invalid.

The valid link should be
https://antofthy.gitlab.io/info/C/C_macros.txt
?

https://antofthy.gitlab.io/info/C/C_macros.txt
says:

General solutions to the brace-block problem.
#define macro(x) do { statements; } while (0) /* prefered */
#define macro(x) if (1) { statements; } else