Reg: Size difference

From: Vinay Oli <olivinay541(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reg: Size difference
Date: 2024-09-13 12:09:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Team

I have been using PostgreSQL for the past 6 years. PostgreSQL has
significantly impacted my life, providing me with great opportunities for
knowledge and self-development.

I'm currently facing a strange issue with PostgreSQL 15.0. I have a
primary-standby setup that is in sync, with a replication slot in place.
There are 18 databases, and one of the databases on the primary side is 104
GB, while the same database on the standby side is 216 GB. Both are in sync
with zero delay.

Could this be a bug? If so, has it been resolved in newer releases? If it
is not a bug, how can this issue be fixed? Is there a solution or any
supporting documentation available?

WAL and log files are being rotated properly. The issue is with a database
named services_mfs. On the primary cluster, the services_mfs database is
104GB, but on the standby cluster, it is 216GB, even though both cluster
are in sync. The standby database is only used in case of a crash, which is
managed by a Patroni cluster with etcd.

Thanks,

Vinay Kumar