Re: BDR, near xid wraparound, a lot of files in pg_subtrans directory

From: milist ujang <ujang(dot)milist(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BDR, near xid wraparound, a lot of files in pg_subtrans directory
Date: 2017-09-18 08:00:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Craig,

So, is it safe to drop those list from this query output?

select riname from pg_replication_identifier where riname not in
(select external_id from pg_replication_identifier_progress);

I cannot read pg_get_replication_identifier_progress function, is it likely
c function?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 15 September 2017 at 11:46, milist ujang <ujang(dot)milist(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig,
>>
>> Thanks again for pointing to inactive replication slot.
>> After inactive replication slot been dropped, the relfrozenxid now moving.
>>
>> I wonder if replication identifier will have some issue if left
>> un-chained? since at other side there are inactive replication identifier.
>>

> No, that's harmless.
>
> However, if there's still an "other side" at all, you presumably have
> broken replication.
>

> --
> Craig Ringer http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

regards

ujang jaenudin | DBA Consultant (Freelancer)
http://ora62.wordpress.com
http://id.linkedin.com/pub/ujang-jaenudin/12/64/bab