Re: Forbid to DROP temp tables of other sessions

From: Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniil Davydov <3danissimo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Forbid to DROP temp tables of other sessions
Date: 2024-10-25 10:55:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 25 Oct 2024 at 11:02, Daniil Davydov <3danissimo(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> But are there any reasons to allow us to DROP such tables?

Hi!

This topic has already been discussed in [0], I believe. I'm not sure how
it all ended and if there were any changes made in the end. But from the
user's perspective, temporary tables are expected to be isolated within
sessions, I think. This is an ideal solution, but does it feasible or not
is a question.

BTW, if we can "isolate" temp relations, we'll be one step close to get rid
of temp relations locking [1].

[0]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/d4a68c6d-d6c4-d52a-56cb-babb8177b5fe%40oss.nttdata.com
[1]