Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points

From: Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points
Date: 2024-08-20 11:40:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Shame on me, I didn't mention one thing in the original email. Actually,
the problem starts for me with "make installcheck-world".
And only then I've run a specific test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl. I.e.
the whole sequence of the commands are:
configure --enable_injection_points ...
make world
make install-world
initdb ...
pg_ctl ... start
make installcheck-world

And all the tests passes perfectly, for example, in REL_15_STABLE because
there is no opt like enable_injection_points.
But this is not the case if we are dealing with the current master branch.
So, my point here: installcheck-world doesn't
work on the current master branch until I explicitly install
injection_points extension. In my view, it's a bit wired, since
neither test_decoding, pg_stat_statements or pg_prewarm demand it.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.