Re: How to stop autovacuum silently

From: Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to stop autovacuum silently
Date: 2023-11-23 08:43:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 at 21:13, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:

> Are you aware of commit e83ebfe6d7, which added a similar WARNING at
> the point when VACUUM overwrites a relfrozenxid/relminmxid "from the
> future"? It's a recent one.

Thank you for reply! I hadn't noticed it. But in described above case, it
doesn't
produce any warnings. My concern here is that with a couple of updates, we
can
stop autovacuum implicitly without any warnings.

> Was pg_upgrade even run against this database? My guess is that the
> underlying problem was caused by the bug fixed by commit 74cf7d46.

I'm pretty much sure it was, but, unfortunately, there are no way to 100%
confirm
this. All I know, they're using PG13 now.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.