Re: pgAdmin4 - Tree view icons for final reveiw

From: Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Chethana Kumar <chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4 - Tree view icons for final reveiw
Date: 2017-09-11 07:28:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

As far as I know, we replaced png icons with svg icons because - it should
work with all types of resolutions. The svg icon should not blur.
Here in my Linux system, I am using 1440*900(16:10) resolution and most of
the svg icons are blurred. Please find attach screenshot.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes, that's my expectation. Hopefully they'll go in in the next week or so.
>
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Anthony DeBarros <adebarros(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dave and all,
>>
>> Out of curiosity (because I’m writing a book that includes pgAdmin screen
>> grabs), do you expect these icons to make it into your September release?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anthony
>>

>> On August 23, 2017 at 4:03:42 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala (
>> murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com) wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chethana,
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Chethana Kumar <
>> chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Murtuza,
>>>
>>> Please see my reply inline along with the updated .svg file for tree
>>> view icons.

>>> The icon is there in the pgAdmin's icon folder and it is needed for
>>> the application
>>>
>> ​Yes, we need serverbad icon which indicates the server in disconnect
>> state but what we have on svg is same icon as server-group icon, we need
>> icon for individual server.​
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> ​Something like this below which will differentiate individual server
>> icon from server-group icon,
>> [image: Inline image 6]​

>>> Agree with this point and come up with some updations on it. This time
>>> I have made it pretty differentiable between Schema and Catalog.

>>> Agreed, I have kept single icon for tables and columns.

>>> Working on it

>>> Agreed, done the changes accordingly.
>>>
>> ​This is still different.
>>
>> *Current Event trigger icon:*
>> [image: Inline image 4]
>> *New*
>> *​ *
>> *Event trigger*
>> *​*
>> *Icon:*
>> [image: Inline image 2]​
>>

>> *Current Trigger icon:*
>>
>> *[image: Inline image 5]*
>> *New Trigger Icon:*
>> [image: Inline image 3]
>> ​If you see both icons are same.
>> *[Suggestion: Can we do similar to what we have done with View &
>> Materialized view icons, we have added M in the icon for materialized view,
>> Same way we can have Trigger icon and for Event trigger we can add E in the
>> icon]*
>>

>>> I know this is out of context but in my own opinion these icons have
>>>>
>>> Yes, the icons look and feel are more towards flat and stylish now as it
>>> represents the current trend. You treat this as a first step towards
>>> making the whole application flat design from the current design. But
>>> this will happen in a long run, not on a quick basis.

>>> --
>>> Chethana Kumar
>>> Principal UI/UX Designer
>>> EnterpriseDB Corporation
>>>

>>> The Postgres Database Company

> [...]

Attachment Content-Type Size
blur_icon_linux_1440_900_resolution.png image/png 433.8 KB