Re: patch for cast module

From: Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sanket Mehta <sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch for cast module
Date: 2016-01-20 04:50:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Sanket,

Below are the review comments.

- When we edit any existing cast node then it gives error "*Response object
has no attribute strip*". This error is coming because generated SQL is
wrong.
- Unnecessary debug logs are coming on console. Please remove unnecessary
debug logs.
- In some of the sql file, 'qtIdent' and 'qtLiteral' is not used. Please
check all the SQL files.
- "Delete" cast functionality is not working. Error is getting displayed
saying *"syntax error at or near "castsource"*.
- "Delete cascade" functionality is not working - error is getting
displayed saying *"The requested URL not found".*
- Do the proper comments, in some of the function like "script_load" ,
comments are wrong.
- Is "configs" really required in __init__.py file ? We have not seen any
usage for this. Please remove it if it is not required.
- Remove commented code from the source file.

Please check all the generated SQL statements . Test the basic
functionality of "create", "Edit" and "Delete" node before sending patch
file.

Do let us know for any comments/issues.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Sanket Mehta <sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com