Re: Ora2Pg or edb MTK tool for oracle to PostgreSQL db migration .

From: bhanu prabhakar <bhanu1208(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: mahesh s <mahesha(dot)bha(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ora2Pg or edb MTK tool for oracle to PostgreSQL db migration .
Date: 2018-06-29 17:34:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Mahesh,

If you are on AWS cloud:

Before proceed migration just do one thing, install AWS sct tool, provide
source: Oracle and Target details: postgress and generate the report for
each schema, it will provide you complete information. Then use dms service
migrate the data schema to schema.

If you are not a AWS cloud user:

We have Dell sharplex replication tool, which will help you
replicate(nothing but migrations), most of the data easily.

Above are the best two options which will be easier than ora2pg, as I don't
see well detailed report in ora2pg and I'm not aware edb mkt tool. Thank
you.

Regards
Bhanu P Murari