Re: Partition Creation Permissions

From: Samuel Nelson <valczir(dot)darkvein(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partition Creation Permissions
Date: 2021-02-04 23:00:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Ah, I didn't realize that was an option on the function. They're already
being created by a trigger (the table is partitioned on a foreign key, so
partitions are created by a trigger on the referenced table); it sounds
like I can just update that trigger function with `security definer`.

-Sam

https://git.sr.ht/~nelsam
https://github.com/nelsam

"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and
I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a scientist.
This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls."
-- Matt Cartmill