Partition Creation Permissions

From: Samuel Nelson <valczir(dot)darkvein(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Partition Creation Permissions
Date: 2021-02-04 22:11:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list!

I've been trying to restrict permissions of some users in our system and
noticed that `create table foo partition of bar for values from (x) to (y)`
complains that I must be the owner of the table. Is there another GRANT I
can give to my user to allow creation and dropping of partitions without
allowing them to drop the parent table?

-Sam

https://git.sr.ht/~nelsam
https://github.com/nelsam

"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and
I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a scientist.
This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls."
-- Matt Cartmill