Re: Need help - Unable to grant a role

From: Siraj G <tosiraj(dot)g(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help - Unable to grant a role
Date: 2024-02-29 02:59:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello David!

Sorry for not giving the clarity. It is a GCP environment, we are trying to
import using the GCP feature from a backup (export) taken from another
instance in the same infra. While the user (hd*****) is created from the
GCP console for a specific instance, I can see its presence from "select *
from pg_user".

Since I am trying to restore, I believe the user should have
pg_write_system_files role, hence trying to grant it.

Regards
Siraj