Re: Connection pooling and with statement

From: Samuel PHAN <samuel(at)nomao(dot)com>
To: Frank Broniewski <brfr(at)metrico(dot)lu>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection pooling and with statement
Date: 2013-08-23 11:58:10
Lists: psycopg

Hey Frank,

My advice for the pool, is to use *pg_bouncer*. Thus, your WSGI application
can focus on working on your business, and not manage technical
optimization.

The only difference you need to pay attention in your code is to release
the PG connection properly for the next client (make a rollback()).

In the code to process an HTTP request, you should have something to
release the allocated resources (like PG connection). Let's say that you
have a Controller class, at the end of the HTTP request processing, you
could have something like this:

if self.conn.get_transaction_status() > 0:
self.conn.rollback()
self.conn.close()

Cheers,

Sam