Re: Segmentation fault: pg_upgrade 9.1 to 9.3: pg_dump: row number 0 is out of range 0..-1

From: Robert Nix <robert(at)urban4m(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault: pg_upgrade 9.1 to 9.3: pg_dump: row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
Date: 2013-09-16 03:02:38
Lists: pgsql-general

> If you do the dump using 9.1's pg_dump without --binary-upgrade, and then
> load that dump file into a new empty 9.1 server, then does it crash if you
> take a dump against *that* server?

I'll give it a try.

If so, would you be allowed to post that dump file?

I will not be able to provide the dump file but i will try to isolate the
contents causing the issue and hopefully be able to provide a minimal dump
file that doesn't contain any proprietary data yet still reproduces the
crash. It's a fair amount of data, 45+G, so if i can reproduce it in a new
database, isolating it may take some time.

Thanks