Re: postgresql service started but pid is not saved in /var/run/postgresql/postgresql.pid

From: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql service started but pid is not saved in /var/run/postgresql/postgresql.pid
Date: 2019-05-15 12:59:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 9:19 AM Mariel Cherkassky <
mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I installed postgresql with the rpms that are available from the
> postgresql official repository. I'm not familiar with distro-builder, can
> you explain what is it ? The file in your link doesnt look like my
> postgresql service file.

Some parts of software installed from rpms is specific to each distro There
is a PostgreSQL RPM Building Project that takes care of maintain the
repository.

There is nothing wrong with the installation path you have followed, but if
you had installed from source you could have ended with a different start
script. The source is maintaned by the Postgres Core Team.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha