Re: [(catch-ext)] Re: Setting up streaming replication on large database (20+ TB) for the first time

From: "Ivan N(dot) Ivanov" <ivan(dot)ni(at)telebid-pro(dot)com>
To: "vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com" <vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>, "ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com" <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [(catch-ext)] Re: Setting up streaming replication on large database (20+ TB) for the first time
Date: 2022-08-18 07:32:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you, people. The big problem in my case, which I have not mentioned,
is that I think the network is a bottleneck, because I am running
pg_basebackup through internet from local country to Amazon instance in
Germany and the speed in copying is around 50 MB/sec max, that is why it
takes 2 days for copying.

I will try using high compression for the basebackup to reduce the time.

pgbackrest is an alternative, too

Thank you again!