Re: Proper way to restore from a basebackup without the WAL-files?

From: John Scalia <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gustav Karlsson <gustav(dot)karlsson(at)bekk(dot)no>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proper way to restore from a basebackup without the WAL-files?
Date: 2015-12-15 17:47:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

If you absolutely must use the pg_basebackup as your source and I'm
assuming you have a tarball without any of WAL files, you could expand the
tarball into you data directory, and use pg_resetxlog to "fool" the master
into starting up. I only say "fool" as it just builds you a blank WAL file
which this system can use as its integrity check and properly start.
--
Jay