RLS for superuser

From: Gaurav Tomar <gauravtomar14(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RLS for superuser
Date: 2016-12-08 07:32:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi All,

We are developing an application which will connect to the PostgreSQL 9.5
at backend.
We do not want any DB role/user including superuser to access the table
data from the backend, only if the user is logging in from the application
can see the data.

To achieve this we have created policies and enable RLS on the tables. By
enabling the RLS and creating policies we are able to restrict all the DB
user/role including table owner of the table but not able to restrict
superuser.

Regards,

Gaurav

+91 876 265 4621