Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress?

From: Rajakavitha Kodhandapani <krajakavitha(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Lauren Fliksteen <dancernerd32(at)gmail(dot)com>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress?
Date: 2022-05-20 04:44:24
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi Alvaro,

I am new to PostgreSQL and still in the process of getting familiar with
the workflow.
Please let me know if I am missing something?
My understanding was based on:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

Submitting patch updates

When submitting a new version of a previously submitted patch, you should
do a few additional things:

- Uniquely identify the new version. You can use git format-patch -vN,
incrementing N each time; or you can add an incrementing numerical suffix
manually. Using the ".patch" extension allows some reviewers to more easily
read it in their email client/code editor.

- Make sure it's easy to find any earlier discussion of the patch, by
providing Message-Id-based links to the mailing list posts
<https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/>. Don't expect that
everyone will still be able to find previous submissions on their own. You
can usually get the message ID of your email by looking for the header
*Message-Id* in your email client. Try *View message source* or *View
original* if it's not obviously visible.

Regards,
Rajie