Re: Timezone: resolve $TZDIR in runtime

From: Anatolii Smolianinov <zarkonesmall(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Timezone: resolve $TZDIR in runtime
Date: 2024-10-21 18:06:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Ah, I see -- so tzselect uses tzdb distribution too? it is just, tzselect
can alter the timezone database and it looks for TZDIR in some
distributions, however, it is not the source of truth in that sense. I
think I see now why it's not really feasible to make such an adjustment..

Thanks for your help!