Connection dialog behavior of ODBC driver psqlODBC 9.01.0200 vs 8.x on Win XP

From: Dave Manginelli <dave(dot)manginelli(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection dialog behavior of ODBC driver psqlODBC 9.01.0200 vs 8.x on Win XP
Date: 2012-12-11 15:10:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have an MS Access app which connects to a PostgreSQL back end. I
recently migrated the back end to PostgreSQL 9.x and upgraded the drivers
on the Access client machine (Windows XP) from 8.x to 9.01.02.

The app uses linked tables with no password saved in the link. Under the
old driver, the connection/password dialog would be displayed automatically
when the user attempted to access a linked file. Under the new driver the
connection fails without displaying the dialog. The tables are accessible
only if the user uses the linked table manager to re-establish the
connections. I know that this could be handled programmatically but I
would rather avoid that.

Is there a setting or config option that I am missing that restores the old
behavior?

Thanks in advance.