Question about schema-level permissions

From: Mike Christensen <mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about schema-level permissions
Date: 2012-05-11 04:16:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I've created a schema called Indexer and a user called Indexer. I
then grant Indexer ALL on said schema:

GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA Indexer TO "Indexer";

Next, I attempt to INSERT into Indexer.ParseErrors, I get a permission
denied error message. However, if I specifically grant Indexer INSERT
permissions:

GRANT INSERT ON Indexer.ParseErrors TO "Indexer";

Then everything works.

Am I missing something? Doesn't GRANT ALL mean that user can do
anything they want with objects in that schema, including inserts?
Thanks!

Mike