Re: What text format is this and can I import it into Postgres?

From: Mike Christensen <mike(at)kitchenpc(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What text format is this and can I import it into Postgres?
Date: 2012-08-23 04:13:10
Lists: pgsql-general

>> This is exactly what I needed. Thanks so much.. Already got the
>> first table imported..
>

> I think would use 'TEXT' for the string fields, INTEGER for the whole
> numbers and NUMERIC for the fractional ones...
> once you have the data imported, and define the appropriate field of each
> table as its PRIMARY KEY, you should be able to do a wide range of joins to
> collect specific sorts of data.

The PDF that's included in the ZIP file actually has all the data
types and precisions, primary keys, and relations. I just copied that
for my table schemas. I decided not to define any FK constraints
because I want to easily zap all the data and re-import it when new
versions of the database are released, and I never change any of the
data myself.

Mike