Connecting to SQL Server from Windows using FDW

From: ivo silvestre <ivomts(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connecting to SQL Server from Windows using FDW
Date: 2016-01-22 18:05:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I need to create a linked server between 2 Windows servers. In one I've
PostgreSQL with admin privileges and in the other MS SQL with only read
access.

I need to create a view (or a foreign table?) in PostgreSQL from a table in
MS SQL in another server. The table in the MS SQL is constantly growing and
I need on-the-fly access to the data.

After some web search I found GeoffMontee's Github, but I don't know how to
install it on Windows...

Is there anyone how already did something like this and could help me out..?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

--
Ivo Silvestre