recovery.conf not getting changed to recovery.done after PITR

From: amit tripathi <amittripathi1445(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: recovery.conf not getting changed to recovery.done after PITR
Date: 2018-09-06 05:13:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

Need help on below issue.

>In recovery.conf file if we give recovery_target_time as 2018-09-05
09:54:21 (*without EST*) and restart the postgresql, recovery.conf is not
getting changed to recovery.done. Although PITR is successful and only till
given time records/tables are restored. But database goes in recovery mode
and i am unable to enter more records.

>In the second case if i add EST and restart the postgresql, recovery.conf
is getting changed to recovery.done but everything is getting restored. I
mean tables/records added after 2018-09-05 09:54:21 are also restored.

Other information-Doing it on Linux host. Timezone in postgresql.conf
is US/Eastern.

Regards,
Amit