function call

From: Marcin Krawczyk <jankes(dot)mk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: function call
Date: 2014-08-05 11:28:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi list,

I have a SET returning function (defined as RETURNS TABLE), it takes 2
parameters and always returns one row with 3 columns. Now when I run it
from pgAdmin it takes around 5 seconds but when I run it from the
application its around 3 minutes (same parameters of course). It shows up
in the postgres' status server and odbc log right away so I believe the
applications has nothing to do with it. Where should I start looking ?

I'm running postgres 9.1

regards
mk