Comparing two URL strings

From: mahendrakar s <mahendrakarforpg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Comparing two URL strings
Date: 2022-05-19 16:53:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I am facing an issue in comparing two urls (below).
1) "https://domain.org/v1.0/users/test(at)user(dot)org"
2) "https://domain.org/v1.0/users/test%40user.org"

Comparison of the two strings is failing due to mismatch of '%40' and (@)
character even though the both urls are the same.
(gdb) p url
$1 = 0x55d35cfbd1f8 "https://domain.org/v1.0/users/test(at)user(dot)org"
(gdb) p graph_url
$2 = 0x7ffd82777240 "https://domain.org/v1.0/users/test%40user.org"

Can you please let me know how to compare these two strings.
One way I could think of is convert both the strings to utf-8 but don't
find an utility function to compare the UTF-8 strings.

Thanks,
Mahendrakar.