Re: Migrate 2 DB's - v8.3

From: Jeff Baldwin <tarheeljeff(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)lists(dot)simkin(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrate 2 DB's - v8.3
Date: 2016-05-27 22:38:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for your time Alan.

I'd like to confirm my understanding of your statement, and ask a question.

To move the DB, you are suggesting something like this:
pg_dump -h dbms11 -U postgres -C mls11 | psql -h localhost -d mls11 -U
postgres

I'm not familiar with removing/adding indexes (I'm not a DBA, just trying
to pretend to be one for this project). Can you elaborate on what might I
need to do there?

Kind Regards,
Jeff