Quick question about autogen.sh

From: John Harvey <john(dot)harvey(at)crunchydata(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Quick question about autogen.sh
Date: 2016-01-27 20:27:40
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hello,

I had a quick question I thought would be worth asking. I know that a few
components require autogen.sh to be run before the configure commands are
invoked. Yet, I never see ./autogen.sh in the spec-files, and the source
tarballs always seem to have autogen.sh already executed.

Is there a reason that autogen.sh isn't a part of the specfile process?
Just curious, more than anything.

Thanks!
-John